Public Health Department
PRESCRIPTION DRUG DISCOUNT CARD PROGRAM
Wilkes-Barre's easy, convenient prescription drug discount program for residents
Card Available for Pick-up May 18th
The City of Wilkes-Barre has a new program to offer savings on prescription drugs to residents
who are without health insurance, a traditional benefits plan, or have prescriptions that are not covered by insurance.
This Prescription Discount Card is made available to residents by the City of Wilkes-Barre in collaboration with the National League of Cities (NLC).
The card is FREE to all Wilkes-Barre City residents, regardless of age, income or existing health insurance. By using this card you may save an average of 20% off the regular retail price of prescription drugs at participating pharmacies.
Residents may pick up a card at the following locations:
- Health Department, located in the Kirby Health Center at 71 North Franklin Street
- Tax and Code Offices, located on the first floor of Wilkes-Barre City Hall, 40 East Market Street
- Mayor's Office, located on the fourth floor of Wilkes-Barre City Hall, 40 East Market Street
"In the current economic climate, where many people are watching what they spend, the NLC prescription discount card will offer significant savings on the purchase of prescription medications for our residents," said Mayor Thomas M. Leighton. "Whether or not an individual has prescription coverage, this program can make it easier for our residents to afford the drugs they need to deal with a short-term illness or stay healthy by managing a chronic condition."
To discover the savings and learn more about the program, please CLICK HERE. Currently, the cards may be used by all residents at the following Wilkes-Barre pharmacies:
- Rite Aid Pharmacies at 35 Public Square and 155 East Northampton Street
- General Community Pharmacy at 110 South Pennsylvania Avenue
- Caresite Pharmacy at 175 South Wilkes-Barre
- Boulevard, CVS Pharmacy at 351 South Main Street
- The Medicine Shoppe at 100 Hazle Street
- Bedwick's Pharmacy at 452 Hazle Street
- Harrold's Pharmacy at 179 Old River Road
- Keystone Professional Pharmacy at 53 Gravel Street
- Sheehan's Pharmacy at 79 East Carey Avenue.
Please note that this program is not insurance. Discounts are only available at participating pharmacies. By using this card, participants agree to pay the entire prescription cost less any applicable discount. Savings may vary by drug and pharmacy.